family pics

While Jordan was in the MTC he gave us the challenge.

"No Empty Chairs"

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Jacobs love story

Me and Rachel's story is a strange one. I'm a recent RM she's a recent divorcee. Both of us reluctant to date each other. Everyone and their mom tried to set us up. Neither one of us were having it. Finally thanks to an uncomfortable work party, I was forced to ask a girl out. By this time me and Rachel are friends and I definitely enjoy her company. She is the perfect choice. After that date I couldn't stop seeing her. I was stoked but apprehensive.

2 small problems. As with dating a mom and a recent divorcee, you run into challenges. It was the first time I was not coming first in a girls life. Not an easy adjustment. We had a bump (or I did) and broke up a week after the first date. Those next 2 days were miserable. I couldn't believe how horrible it was not talking to this wonderful woman. Fortunate for me she broke first and just wanted to talk. Back at it again with renewed emotion and added meaning to our early beginning.

Now I'm hooked. This girl has me. Never have I met such an amazing women with such love and compassion. So much of understanding. On top of all that she is a great person who I love to talk to, be around, and not to bad to look at. Truth be told, I think we both knew where this was going awhile ago. Or at least awhile ago in our terms. A condo trip sealed the deal. Seeing my baby for a continuous 84hrs. I'm sold.

Now were talking serious. I see the woman that I want to rear my children and take care of me forever. Definitely a diamond in the rough. A priceless jewel. One that will never disappoint nor cease to shine.

Asking her dad. Yikes! Not exactly a calm experience. He is the kind of guy legends are built off of. By (not my own) experience, I know if I do something wrong I'm in trouble. He says yes. I can tell he likes me. Enough to not choke me out right there. Ca-ching! I'm in and the rest will be history.

The boys. So it would be one amazing thing to get the woman of my dreams but on top of that I get these amazing boys. Both studs in their own right. Easton (4) is a lot of fun and is such a sweet boy. Teagan (1) aka the destroying angel, is such a cutie and lots of fun. I bond well with the boys and they in return. Could life be any sweeter.

There is my scoop. I appreciate a lot of the support rendered by many church leaders and good friends. It is my greatest honor to marry such an amazing woman. I feel complete and whole with her and the boys. God does bless us. Sometimes with the last thing we could ever expect. I love that woman with all that I have and hope to do so forever. Thanks to you all for the love and support you have shown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disney pics

All about our family

I thought I'd give an update since I just found some friends on facebook from 20 years ago.

Well to start off the Church is still the center of our lives. I wouldn't have it any other way...well maybe when I was RS Pres & Mark was YM pres...no even then it was the best, too busy to really enjoy it though.

Mark works as the Training Director for the Laborers Union. He is the past president of our neighborhood association & president of our condo association & on about 3 committees for the union. He loves hunting, quading & anything outdoors.

We have 6 children.

Jeramy who is 30 has a wonderful exwife, who I just love. Together they gave me my 1st grandchild.....Sofia. She has us all wrapped. She is 5 1/2 & you can check out her pics on Patti's facebook. She loves to make chocolate chip cookies, go to McDonalds with Graysen & Brinley, swim & go see the horses among other things.

Jeramy is a recovering heron addict. 4 years clean. Hey I don't like skeletons in the closet, they scare me. He is doing good now. He has about 30 college credits, is an amazing artist, is 6'4" & weighs 240. Just think he was a 6 pound baby. This journey of his has been good for me & our whole family to watch as Father in Heaven does His thing. He indeed has a perfect plan even during the times we cry the hardest. I'm a better person for having Jeramy as a son.

Bree is my favorite ex-daughter in law. She works as a sec for a law firm. She is very responsible with her two girls. After their divorce she had another daughter, Darhma. She is soooo cute! I watch both of the girls on Wed & Thurs.

Jared, 26, graduate of BYU in civil engineering & will have his masters finished this Dec. He is married in the Las Vegas Temple to Jen, a girl who is near & dear to my heart. She is such a doll. They are such a gentle, compatible couple. If you want to see cooperative...watch them. It makes me a better person being around them. Right now they live in Provo until he is done with his master. They just bought a condo & go to a family ward now.

Jen also graduated from BYU in Clinical Lab Science, she works for Intermountain Healthcare as a Medical Technologist. She works 7-10s & then has 7 days off. I am so pleased that Jared has Jen for his wife. I love having another daughter!!! She is pregnant, due in June 2010. Janea & I have had fun taking her shopping for maternity clothes.

Jacob 25 who went on a mission in OK, where he said it's the largest trailer park in the world. He said it was the million dollar experience he wouldn't pay a nickel to do again. I admire the sacrifice of these 19-26 year old boys for doing the un-ordinary thing they do. I mean what 19 year old leaves the world behind to serve their God like they do? Amazing! He is now the Assistant 11yr old leader. He works for Help of SN, helping people qualify for government $.

He married a darling gal, Rachel, on Feb 27, 2010. She brought into our family two wonderful boys...1 yr old Teagan & 4 yr old Easton. They live with us right now & we just love it. It is giving us a chance to get to know them all better. I must say that I fell in love with them right away.

Jordan 18, left his mission on Sept 23 to the San Antonio, TX, spanish speaking mission. He graduated from the College of Southern Nevada High School with 40 college credits. He loves the film industry. He took a bunch of classes in film. It will be interesting to see what he does later in life in film.

Janea 17, is a lifegaurd at Silver Mesa public pool during the summer. She is the one who keeps me on track when I want to break the mission rules & call or go see my boys. She's a fun & happy girl. She is an amazing student, soccer player, orator, writer, the list can go on forever! She is amazing!

Jayden is 14 & has grown 4 inches or more this year. He is taller than me, which I know isn't hard to do. I am so glad that he is going to A-TECH like his brother Jared & is doing the law program. He is also a fun & happy kid.

We all love going to our condo in the Beaver mts at Elk Meadows for long weekends to quad, paddleboat, or just pick wild flowers. In the winter we love to build snowmen, make snow forts, tube just outside our door & snowboard at Brian Head. With Mark in our family we laugh alot & the high points in my life is when we are all together.

Having 5 boys has entrenched us in the Scouting program. 4 of our boys are Eagles & Jayden is on his way. Mark, Janea & I worked on a Cub Scout Day camp for the past 5 years. It is the funnest hard work we have done.

The bitter/sweet part of my life is when our children grow up & not live here. Of course as I'm getting older there is no way I could do 15 loads of laundry, cook for 8 people & deal with the big family chores. Then at the same time I miss everyone soooooo much. Of course I like a few hours of peace & quiet but all the time, that's hard. I had my kids to love & enjoy them. I'm grateful for memories.